Summer may be winding down, but the sun is still shining in Tulsa, Oklahoma! Fortunately, 90% of amusement parks are open year round, so if you are planning a fall family vacation, why not bring the kids to the splashpark for some wet and wild water fun? Here are some tips to guarantee a safe and enjoyable trip.
Five Tips for the Best Splashpark Experience
- Make sure there’s something for everyone. Splashparks have a variety of different games and obstacles to enjoy. If you’ve got a little one in tow, make sure there is a safe play space for toddlers like a mini lazy river or a simple sprinkler area.
- Arrive early. Popular swimming holes can get crowded, especially on the weekends. Arriving early is a great way to guarantee yourself a prime spot.
- Pick a meeting place. Older kids may want to roam on their own. To make sure everyone is safe, set up a meeting place and establish a time when you will all reconvene.
- Pack plenty of snacks. Not only is this a great excuse to enjoy your favorite campground food, but you can also save a ton of money. At most amusement parks, you’ll have to pay $10 for a hotdog. Instead, pack your own sandwiches, chips, fruit, and beverages. Of course, just be sure to wait 45 minutes before getting in the water!
- Wear water shoes. Waterproof shoes will keep your kids’ feet clean and can provide enough traction to prevent slips and falls.
How to Leave Without a Meltdown
If you’re a parent, you already know how hard it is to tear your kids away from a good time. Unfortunately, the fun has to end at some point. No matter how tired they are, at least one of your kids will probably never be ready to head home. To avoid an end-of-day meltdown, don’t underestimate the power of a good bribe. You can provide incentive to head out of the splashpark by promising ice cream on the ride home or a fun activity in the evening. Bribery shouldn’t be your go-to parenting method in every situation, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Try some of these tips during your next family vacation. If you’re planning to go camping near Tulsa, contact us to learn more about our new family-friendly Tulsa splashpark!